Polyurethane Casting Resin
The PUCast Series is a two-component polyurethane casting resin which exhibits good impact resistance and strength, ultra-low viscosity casting polyurethane resins that yield castings that are bright white and virtually bubble-free. Vacuum degassing is not necessary. They offer the convenience of a 1A:1B by weight mix ratio. The differences between them are pot life and demold time.
Fully cured castings are tough, durable, machinable and paintable. Applications for PUCast Series polyurethane casting resin include reproducing small to medium size sculptures, making prototype models, special effect props and decorative jewelry.
- Easy to measure and mix – 1:1 mix ratio by weight
- Low viscosity – captures excellent detail – no degassing necessary
- Resin cures to a bright white finish
- Works excellent in rtv silicone molds
- A two-component polyurethane casting resin which exhibits good impact resistance and strength.
Casting resin for Making models, molds, prototypes, figurines, proof molds, make reproductions, etc..
This is an ideal resin for professional model makers, hobbyists, crafters, and taxidermists. PUCast turns from liquid to solid in 15 minutes and works excellent in rtv silicone molds.
- Shake part A and Part B well, and let stand until bubble dissipate
- Weigh 100 Part A to 100 Part B using an accurate scale and a clean mixing container.
- Mix and scrape walls of the container, continue mixing for 15-20 seconds.
- Pour the resin into your mold.
- Allow the resin to cure and de-mold with care.
Storage & shelf-life
9 months in unopened containers when properly stored.
Both Parts A and B react with atmospheric moisture and, therefore, should be resealed or used up as soon as possible after opening. Before resealing, a heavier-than-air, dry gas, can be sprayed into open containers to displace moist air and extend storage life.