VB-20 Vacuum Bag Silicone
VB-20 Vacuum Bag Silicone is a brushable platinum cure silicone developed especially for making high performance, reusable vacuum bags. VB-20 Vacuum Bag Silicone is easy to mix and apply. Mix ratio is 1A:1B by weight and rubber can be applied with a brush or spatula to vertical surfaces without sagging.
Pot life is 30 minutes, recoat time is 1 hour. Rubber cures with negligible shrinkage to a soft, flexible rubber (Shore 20A) with very high elongation and tear strength. Newly made bags can be removed from the tool in 3.5 hours and used immediately in production with polyester or epoxy resin systems and will withstand temperatures up to 500° F /260° C.
Compared to conventional vacuum bagging systems, VB-20 Vacuum Bag Silicone is much faster at delivering a production ready silicone bag resulting in a tremendous time and labor savings. Since bags are re-usable, long term material costs are greatly reduced.
- Excellent Tear and Tensile strength, durable using life
- 100% No shrink on cure, No deformation
- High heat and chemical resistance, long service life
- Compliance with FDA Certificate, Odorless, Non-toxic, food-grade, skin safe.
Fabricating reusable vacuum bags.
Advantages of Silicone Vacuum Bags
• Fast – as low as 4 hours from bag fabrication to part production.
• Cost Effective Production after 8 cycles vs. consumable bags.
• Reusable for hundreds of parts with polyester-based resins.
• Reduce Labor – reset in minutes; no taping or pleating.
• Self-Releasing – no release agents required.
• Perfect Fit even for complex shapes and undercuts.
• Odorless – No solvents.
• High Service Temperature – up to 240°C.
• Built-in Vacuum Seal.
Hardness shore A
Tensile strength (Mpa)
Tear strength (KN/M)
1:1 by weight
20000 cps (Adjustable)
- Stir Part A and Part B well before use.
- Weigh 1 Part A to 1 Part B using an accurate scale and a clean mixing container.
- Vigorously mix and scrape walls of the container, continue mixing until uniform.
- Place the mixture in a vacuum chamber & degass. If without a chamber, Pour the mixture 2-3 inches above the pattern in a thin stream.
- Allow the silicone to cure 2-4 hours and demold with care.
- Before use, read operation manual please.
- Before large production, a small-scale test is recommended.
- Mixing ratio must be accurate, mixing ratio is A:B=1:1 (by weight)
- Use a vacuum to de-gas this product before use under pressure. Vacuum silicone for 2-3 minutes (29 inches of mercury). Leave enough room in the container for silicone to expand.
- This product has limited shelf life. Use as soon as possible after opening.
- Always tightly reseal containers after use. Air, moisture or other contamination causes a reduction in reactivity over time.
Especially Caution for platinum cure silicone
Platinum cure silicone rubber may be inhibited by certain contaminants resulting in tackiness on the surface of the mold. Latex, sulfur-based clays, tin cured silicone rubber, amines, nitriles, organo-metallic salt-containing compounds should be avoided. If you are unsure of the compatibility of the substrate being molded a small test is recommended. To prevent inhibition it is usually helpful to coat the pattern with clear acrylic lacquer or paint. Do not use polyurethane or latex.
Storage & shelf-life
13+ months in unopened containers when properly stored.
Super-Silicon cannot guarantee the shelf life of opened or repackaged units.
Recommended storage temperature range: 10°C – 25°C. SuperSilicon™ should be stored in closed containers out of direct sunlight and away from direct sources of heat. Always tightly reseal containers after use. Air, moisture or other contamination causes a reduction in reactivity over time